Two Factor Authentication (IT)
"78% of all information security breaches are conducted by internal employees – CERT In statistics"
The access and authentication process for most of our IT Infrastructure is a single sign on authentication protocol i.e. user ID and password. In essence, once the user enters his user id and passwords, he gains access to the complete system without any further prompts. As a result, the stealing of an ID and password can result in a massive negative impact in an organization where not only data or IT assets can be compromised but also make it impossible for an organization to fix responsibility.
Identify theft is the fastest growing crime in America:
- 8.9 million victims in past year
- 900,000 new victims each year
- Cost to businesses more than $50 billion
- Cost per incident to consumer $6,383
- Something he/she has (e.g. mobile phone, land line etc)
- Something he/she knows (e.g. user id and password)
The technology uses a dual mode of identification where a secure randomly generated one time password (Valid for a particular period of time) is sent to the mobile number (SMS) or via automated call to his landline in the case of soft token or it can be generated by a hard token. The One time password is generated using a combination of multiple unbreakable encryption algorithm. The algorithm generates an unbreakable one time password every time the user logs onto a DMZ (De militarized zone) as specified by the IT architecture.
- OS Independent Authentication Mechanism.
- Completely indigenous Solution.
- Seamless Integration with the current business and security architecture.
- Increases the log on security for critical applications.
- Unbreakable encryption on the lines of those used by US Government
- Works as a single application or in connection with Microsoft AD, Radius, firewall, VPN, Wi-Fi, Terminal services etc.
- Logs are maintained to fix responsibility in case of an unlawful event.